Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Sweetest Gift of All

Am I the luckiest or what? This morning I awoke to find an email from Johan saying that this big ass printer is on its way to my house. It can print up to A3+, and the quality of the prints are 5000 x 1400 DPI - I'm not going to pretend I really know what the latter means besides implying that my prints are going to be in a most superior quality.

Is he the sweetest or what? And he knows that I'm so weird when it comes to receiving gifts and that I even tend to feel stressed (mental issues, hurrah!) if I receive something I don't really feel I need. And what does he do but go out and send me the one thing I've been admiring when I visit him in London, along with the note that I will now be able to make collages with images in a much finer quality than before.




















Now all I need to do is learn how to use InDesign and grasp things like three-dimensionality and perspective so I can use my new printer to print out beautiful things like Johan's layouts and illustrations below.
























Hmmm, just as I published this, it dawned on me that Johan has probably done none of the projects above using InDesign. Seeing they're all photographs of actual models. Like, stuff he made, that you can, like, touch. Impressive.

2 comments:

Ann Christine said...

lucky girl!
Johan, you're thr best, says Sarahs mom :o)

Sarah Carlson said...

I know, he's the best of the bestest! In fact, he blows the scale of bestness.