Monday, May 11, 2009

Homecoming

Yah hurrah, the suitcase and tools and roll of toilet paper have returned!
What a delight and what a relief. You see, just this morning, Al called me at 9 a.m. and said that once he had seen the picture of the suitcase on my sign hanging in the hallway, he seemed to remember throwing it away.
"Nooooo!!!!", I screamed into the phone. "How could you?!!"
"I know", he said. "But I promise to put together a new set for you and find a pretty little case for it all".

And then, what do you know, a couple of hours later Richard from downstairs knocked on my door and stood their with the suitcase in hand, apologizing for not having put up a note that he found it. I decided right then and there not to ask further questions and simply be delighted that it's home again.

What a day this is turning out to be! Maybe I should go out and buy myself a lottery ticket too!

No comments: