Friday, June 5, 2009

On a lighter note...

Oh Jesus did I laugh this afternoon when Johan confessed to me that he once, at the age of 13 or 14, had highlights made at his local hairdresser. We were talking about "Burn After Reading", and I casually remarked he should consider getting the same do as Brad Pitt in that movie, with one heavy streak of highlighted hair.
"Oh no", he replied. "I've only had highlights made once, and it didn't look that well."

Need I say I nearly peed my pants?!

It turned out there was Danish tennis player whom he really wanted to look like, and so he had gone down to the hairdresser, showed a picture to the male stylist, who had then put a plastic cap on Johan's head before setting to pull out wisps of hair to dye blond.
"But he must have pulled out too much or something," Johan said. "'Cos I wound up looking positively speckled"

I imagine it looked a little like Gael Garcia Bernal in Rudo y Cursi - which, by the way, I can only encourage you to see!

No comments: