Thursday, June 25, 2009

Solar-Powered Uselessness

I do my best to wreck the minimalist style of Johan and Sigrid's household. This time around I brought a beautiful plastic dinosaur, which I'm guessing they will hide behind the TV along with the very useful solar-powered owl I brought them last.


It was literally hidden behind the TV.

"Where's the owl?" I asked Johan when I got to their place.
For a moment I saw panic painted all over his face, and then he quickly retrieved it from behind their Samsung, explaining it had only been put there because they had been doing some dusting of the house recently.

I don't blame them though. You go absolutely mental (as they say here) from looking at it turning it's head from one side to the other. Again and again. Endlessly.

In all fairness I thought it was a clock when I got it.

2 comments:

David Boston said...

Where did you get that owl? It is amazing.

Sarah Carlson said...

I'm so pleased you like it! I bought in Alphabet on Avenue A between 7th and 8th Streets in NY last winter. I just checked to see if it had the name of some company on it below, but no luck. I'm sure Johan and Sigrid will be be happy to give it to you though;O)