Friday, December 3, 2010

peer-reviewed deduction

Recently I found myself googling: "Hey, was Napoleon Bonaparte gay?"

I like to google questions in the form of complete sentences, like: "Why does my pee smell weird? or "How can I make the colors on my computer screen less colorful?"

Anyway, my question was rewarded with this amazing answer:  

"No, he had 2 wives and an awful lot of mistresses.
Thus he suppressed his homoerotic desires, but was still overly fascinated with the Russian tsar."


 
Well?
 
Well, it cracked me up, that's for sure! Only on the internets, guys! Only on them internets! And it was even on Answers.com, which I tend to resort to now and then for credible information. Heck, in my time, I think I may have even cited anwers.com on an academic paper or two! But I guess that just says more about me, really.

By the way, just to be on the safe side, can I once again remind you that I think gay people are lovely and that I want them in the military and the millinery? Cos I do. I want gay people everywhere, in fact! So here's a rainbow!

2 comments:

Maj Beldring Henningsen said...

No! Napoleon was in love with Josephine.. If I remember it correct there exist some adorable love letters.. Well anyway, I rather believe he was gay in this period of my life, when I have little believe in love and earnest guys..

Sarah Carlson said...

Oh, you just believe anything that will make you feel better, I say!