Sunday, March 20, 2011

mid 80s IKEA at one buck a pop!

Brand-wise, these drinking glasses are really no big deal. But in terms of sentimental value, they're a huge deal. Like, major. You see, we had these when I was a kid, and I've been hunting around for them for ages. Well, maybe only for six month or so, but still.

I think they're mid 80s IKEA, and at approximately one buck a pop, I probably paid more for them than they were to begin with when they were fresh out of some factory in Southeast Asia.

I would have paid triple that amount though, because the joy I feel when I drink from them is plain ridiculous. The way they fit in my hand, and the feeling I get when I raise them to my lips? Oi, oi, oi, it's like sipping from a bottomless ocean of nostalgia, let me tell you.

Another childhood drinking glass series I desire is the Gaissa from Ittala. Look at it, isn't it beautiful?

No comments: