Monday, June 13, 2011

#6 and #7: Neurotic Picasso and Accompanying Comment


I've been feeling like painting a portrait of Picasso for a good long while, and figured heck, now is the time to get started. Obviously, it's not finished, but I'm actually very happy with the result-in-progress.

Just so you know what I was going for aesthetics-wise, I wanted it to have a naïv-y, Alice Neel-y, Alex Katz-yElizabeth Peyton-y, deadpan look. It definitely needs more work (a little extra cubist distortion, perhaps? To give the man a taste of his own medicine, as Johan put it?), but I got started. That's what counts.

As for the comment about Picasso, it rings true, right? At least to me it does. But then again, I wrote it.

4 comments:

Johan said...

Me like long time...

Johan said...

can i have it, please

Sarah Carlson said...

Yes yes you like?! Er det rigtigt? Så må du få det! Jeg tager det med om..om...faktisk 10 dage!

Hvis det er tørt vel at mærke;O)

Johan said...

Ja mand. Det er rigtigt.... åh nej har jeg lige lavet en Lisa Hybschmann...