Saturday, June 11, 2011

#areyouintheknow?

It's funny how stuff works out, sometimes. I've been meaning to look into hashtags lately, and when I finally got around to it this morning, I found an entry on Wikipedia that didn't leave me much smarter.

And so, defeated in my quest, I sauntered over to The New York Times to read the news...and lo and behold if they didn't have an article on the hashtag - Twitter's Secret Handskake! - very interesting for those us who are not yet in on the game of tweeting or simply have a soft spot for the peculiarities of language and communication.

And if that leaves you hungry for more, drop on over to this blogpost on The New Yorker (referenced in the article above), to find out about all the layers in this hypothetical tweet:

“I just made out with your husband! #kidding #hewishes #likeIwouldadmititanyway #ToddPalin”

No comments: