Thursday, June 23, 2011

Midsummer's Eve Overload

We were invited to Johan's mother's house last night to celebrate Midsummer's Eve. I can't remember when I last celebrated it, but it was so nice. We dined al fresco in the garden, took a stroll down to the beach to watch the bonfire, and concluded the evening with a walk in Karen Blixen's garden, which is really a dreamy mix of a forest, a park and a country home,  (there's even cattle!). I'm telling you, at one point I plain forgot I was only 30 minutes from the city.
The bonfire on the beach.

Asparagus and serrano ham. Yum.

Baltic prawns - as they're apparently called in English.


Look at those tiles - aren't they killer? Loads of different hues.

The Oresund.


Johan's mother's house....kidding! It's Karen Blixen's house;O)

Nest boxes in Karen Blixen's garden.

Johan and his mother enjoying the view below.

2 comments:

Lisa KjellerĂžd said...

I visited your lovely country at the weekend! LOVE Denmark!

Sarah Carlson said...

Ooo, so wonderful to hear that you like it:O) Incidentally I visited your country this weekend. Albeit not your adopted country, but the UK;O) Also lovely - as always.