Tuesday, June 7, 2011

work space

Do you remember when you were a kid, and you kind of discovered that your parents had a life that didn't revolve around you? Or rather, was just very different from the life they led with you at home? That they had a second identity, kind of?

Usually it was when you came with them to work, and you realized they had colleagues they'd crack jokes with and share routines with so different from what you knew from home.
In either event, that was exactly how I felt when I went to Mads's office the other day. Of course I'd heard stories from his workplace, about his colleagues, and stuff he works on. I just never really got around to picturing him there. This place where he spends most of his day. Turns out he wears glasses when he works. I didn't even know he had glasses.

Am I being weird? All I'm saying is, when I think of my friends, I very rarely visualize them in their work space. 

No comments: