Saturday, July 23, 2011

92

I'm not very good at using my little space on the internet to comment on real life tragedies. In part, I guess, because that's not what I ever intended to use it for, and so starting to went my opinions and thoughts on current affairs that actually matter, would seem oddly out of context.
Photo by Hakon Mosvold Larsen

And then again, right now I feel I'd be a complete ass if I didn't use my blog to acknowledge the horrors that happened in Norway. It being so close to home and all. Physically and emotionally.

Being in New York right now, I feel strangely disconnected. I feel like watching the Scandinavian news, and not some American coverage of it that glosses over what happened in 30 seconds.

It's interesting how in situations like these, TV-mediated news from your own country, in your own language, can feel so unifying to watch. That watching it makes you feel you're there, somehow. Showing your support and that you're care. 

No comments: