Saturday, September 3, 2011

Milk

A couple of months ago, Johan and I visited an antiquarian bookshop and found the beautiful children's book below. It's called "Mælk" - Danish for milk - and it explains where milk comes from and how it travels from farm to table, not to mention the different kinds of dairy products you make from it.

A very educative book, in short, but also a very pretty one. I mean, aren't the illustrations killer? I for one would love to have the cover of the book as a poster.

When I was flipping through it the other day, it occurred to me that it was signed by the author, Thea Bank Jensen (1913-1991), who, judging from google, has published a bunch of cool scholastic books.
The illustrations are a by a Michael Leybourne - a Dane? A Brit? I was unable to find out.

Here, should you be in doubt, you see the milk in the lady-cow's udder.
Here you see some semi-happy humping.
And here: A diagram. Cheese. I love it all.

No comments: