Tuesday, September 20, 2011

slouches


Despite the fact that the apartment is equipped with a large and lovely dining table, Johan and I usually wind up having every single evening meal while sitting on the couch in front of the TV. Some may find that a horrendous habit, and to a certain extent, I do too. It's not that we necessarily gawk at the TV and drop things from our mouths as we absentmindedly sit and chew, but I do see that it make us more slouchy and that it requires less of us conversation wise - as opposed to when we sit right across from one another, I mean.

Anyway, if now you think less of me, I can inform you that every time we have people over for dinner, we do manage to sit upright by the dining table for hours on end and have lively conversations too. Oh, and sometimes, on weekends, we have breakfast at the dining table while conversing and reading intellectual magazines - now how's that for civilized?!

2 comments:

mette / ungt blod said...

Having a kid helps you eat at the dinner table - just a protip

Sarah Carlson said...

Ha! That was precisely what I was thinking when I wrote it! That once you have kids, you just have to sit at the dinner table and eat properly to set a good example...and to avoid having mashed potatoes all over the couch;O)