Wednesday, November 23, 2011

plane tickets and search engines

Lately, Johan and I have been debating whether or not we should go to NY for new years. Of course we want to and we'd totally jump on a plane if it weren't for the fact that the tickets are insanely expensive. The funny thing is though that every time we reach the sensible conclusion that we should just let it go and wait till Spring, I wind up convincing myself that it's pure lunacy to deprive myself of the simple pleasure of being in the city for a while, even if it's just for a week. And that's when I'm off again to search for plane tickets for the trillionth time, hoping the price of a decent flight has dropped some $500 since last time I checked, roughly 20 minutes earlier.

It's funny with search engines, because I know they're supposed to make my life easier, and to a certain extent they do. And yet I find that I have never in my life spent so much time trying to decide on a plane ticket, or a book, or a sweater or whatever thing I'm trying to buy on the internet. Back in the day it wasn't like that at all, was it?


No comments: