Sunday, May 13, 2012

granny's dining table

After my sweet granny passed away, most of her furniture moved in with me and my sis respectively. Among other things, I was lucky to get to take care of her teak dining chairs, which my gran got back in the 1950s. They're by Børge Mogensen and simply the most beautiful piece of cabinetry ever. I love them to pieces:O)

The other day Johan and I received the dining table that goes with them, which has been in someone else's possession for a while. Long before that, I think my granny gave it to my sister, as she had by then got herself a more modern dining table. I kind of like it when furniture doesn't belong to anyone particular, but just moves around depending on who needs it.

Truth be told, we didn't need a new dining table, but when it became available, it was simply too good to pass up. And now it's standing here looking just gorgeous, turning our dining space into something reminiscent of a Danish Modern showroom;O)

Seriously, check out those tapered legs and tell me they're not gorgeous. I for one am a sucker for the two-toned legs of the dining table. 


No comments: