Thursday, August 2, 2012

my very first drive-in movie!

To say that Johan was dying to see The Dark Knight Rises would be an understatement, and perhaps his excitement about it was what eventually made me agree to go see it with him, even though I knew beforehand it wouldn't be my thing. All that fighting and random exploding makes me nervous and anxious, in the light of which it's nothing less than ridiculous that I actually wound up going to see it twice. Yup, twice.

We drove past a drive-in movie theater in Cape Cod, you see, and we both got so excited about the prospect of sitting in our car, eating burgers and drinking milkshakes, we simply had to go. The only movie they were showing, however, was Batman. And so I wound up enduring that 2 hour and 44 minute feature once again. In all honesty I spent a lot of time looking at the moon. At least I think it was the moon. Come to think of it, it might have been a street lamp.


No comments: