Sunday, October 28, 2012

will you take a photo of me in front of this huge orange vessel?



I don't think I've ever considered myself a boat person. Or at least not a vessel-spotter kind of person, in the light of which it's somewhat interesting that I found myself, indeed, vessel-spotting on Saturday afternoon, and even asked Johan to take a picture of me in front of said vessel (FYI, I very rarely ask to be photographed. I only ask when I truly feel a memento is due).

Anyway, as you can see, I wasn't alone. A lot of folks had shown up to watch and board what is currently the talk of Copenhagen town: Pacific Orca, which, to use a jargon I'm not entirely comfortable with, is a so-called heavy-lift jack-up vessel built for carrying and installing wind turbines.

I don't know if it's because I know she'll have a hand in delivering green energy to the world or if it's simply her size and the gorgeous view of all that deep orange against a bright blue sky; but I honestly found myself deeply affected by the entire scenery. All those people out there, admiring this humongous wonder of the world, and knowing that soon she'll be out on stormy oceans installing wind turbines, while the rest of us will be at home watching tv.

I mean, that's something, right? Which is why I've now introduced the label "WOW" to this blog. To deal with big orange turbine-installing vessels like this.
 


No comments: