Sunday, September 8, 2013

Topography. (And laughing grandma).

I went to Sweden the weekend before last and got to hang out with family, inhale fresh country air, enjoy multiple meals and fikas every day and admire the view over the lake and harbor, which tends to strike me as increasingly beautiful and perfectly color-coordinated the older I get.

When I was a kid, I remember taking in the view of the lake outside my grandparents' house and thinking to myself: "This is Sweden". As most kids, I had very limited spatial imagination and couldn't grasp the idea that there'd be more Sweden behind the trees that marked a clear boundary on the horizon.

It would be kind of fun to sit down and make a map of how one remembers imagining places as a kid. How the routes you used to travel and the few regular destinations you had defined your imagination of space if not the entire world.



Here's my grandmother, cracking up :O)



No comments: