Sunday, October 6, 2013

It's only been five days, and already we're arguing about decorations.

Habari! I think that means hello in Swahili, but I'm not sure! I would ask Johan for advice, except today, he casually greeted a guy with "moi". At first, I was wildly impressed by his worldliness, but when I asked him what it meant, he had absolutely no clue and reasoned it must have been a hasty mispronunciation of good morning.

So here's the deal. I'm back in Nairobi, Johan's hangout for the past four and a half months, and, I guess, my new home town? Or perhaps temporary home town is more like it. I'm not sure yet. All I know is that it's been grand to be with Johan again, redecorate our new place and remind myself that Johan can be the single most spontaneous shopper ever! Right until he spontaneously regrets buying whatever it is that he bought, that is.

See those plants in the bottom picture? We spent forever yesterday picking them out, potting them and giving them a proper wash down. And then because I made the one single mistake of mentioning they're garden pots, he simply cannot live with the idea of keeping them inside our apartment. And I mean, see how pretty they look by the panoramic window and how they kind of merge the indoors with the outside? Amirite?

But nope. They had to go outside. Not as in "let's sleep on it and decide in the morning", but as in right. this. minute.

Twosomeness. Nothing beats it ;O)



4 comments:

Anne said...

URrite. :-) - men hvad er egentlig den essentielle forskel på havepotter og huspotter!? Når man flytter til et nyt land, er det selvfølgelig vigtigt at man prøver at tilpasser de lokale skikke... Også når det gælder hensigtsmæssig placering af potter :-) Hils!

Sarah Carlson said...

Haha! Jo men ser du. Johan undrede sig sådan over, at der ikke var nogen som helst som solgte underpotter. Og så sagde jeg: "Det er nok ford, det egentlig er udendørspotter, og så behøver man jo ikke en underpotte".

Big mistake. Huge.
Som Julia Roberts ville have sagt;O)

Sarah Carlson said...

Haha! Jo men ser du. Johan undrede sig sådan over, at der ikke var nogen som helst som solgte underpotter. Og så sagde jeg: "Det er nok ford, det egentlig er udendørspotter, og så behøver man jo ikke en underpotte".

Big mistake. Huge.
Som Julia Roberts ville have sagt;O)

Anne said...

HUGE! And loving the new head, by the way :-)