Friday, October 18, 2013

Milton Glaser. Art Is Whatever.

So here's a thing, I thought I'd do, while I'm in Kenya: Learn about graphic design. The icons and their iconic work, overlooked icons, lesser-known icons and just as importantly, start dabbling in the metier myself. You know, baby steps.

First up is Milton Glaser, because frankly, what's not to love about Milton Glaser? He founded the best magazine of all time (OK, that I don't know for sure, but I do know that I love New York Magazine more than any other mag around). He designed the I ♥ NY logo, which I never ever tire of looking at, and he created that smile-inducing Bob Dylan poster, the Baby Teeth and Kitchen font and a whole bunch of other beautiful work, which I thought we could all watch and learn from.









All images borrowed from Miltonglaser.com except from the Baby Teeth swatch, which I snatched from here.

No comments: