Thursday, November 7, 2013

a walk in the park

There's a nice little park that sits about a stone's throw and a traffic jam from our house, and on days when Johan comes home from work early, he sometimes takes me there for a walk.

Now apart for the fact that public parks don't come aplenty in Nairobi (at least I don't think they do, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the thing that's special about this park is that it has real live monkeys in it. Yup! A whole bunch of them, sitting around on the ground and in trees, doing their monkey-business and whatever, which is just so effing funny because, well, as that guy Darwin pointed out, they really pull off those anthropomorphic skits so well!

Of course, Johan and I are all, oh my god, it's like the thumb sucking monkey except it's real!!!!, while the locals are kind of "whaaat? You excited about these 'pigeons'?"

But whatever. Different strokes, right ;O)




No comments: