Sunday, December 1, 2013

They had him at bacon

Even though Johan has been living in Nairobi for more than 6 months, and I just passed the 2-month mark, we're still kind of clueless as to where to go and what to see in this city. However, every time we do come across or visit something really nice, one of us tend to remark: "This would make for a nice parent outing".

And this week, with my dad visiting, we put some of our preferred attractions to the test; among them The River CafĂ© - a beautiful eatery slash nursery sitting lakeside and where, more importantly, they have bacon and eggs on the menu (a universal dad fave, I suspect).

And it went down well. Much better than the Karen Blixen Museum, where next time I will bring a zip lock bag of bacon bits, which we can snack on while we listen to the guide recount the plot of "Out of Africa" - the movie.



My dad outside Karen Blixen's house. 

No comments: