Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Wooden Rudder Begone!

We found a really sneaky and pastel-colored way of getting rid of the wooden rudder that was bolted to our living room wall!

Here's what I did. Or rather, here's a what man working at the frame shop did because we paid him:
He stretched a piece of canvas onto an excessively deep, custom-built frame, which we mounted on top of the rudder. Then, I painted a poster for a Hockney exhibition that never was, which was really just a postmodern excuse to make a copy of Hockney's A Bigger Splash.

Nice, yes?

For all I know, The Musem of Modern Art in Sao Paulo never had an exhibition of Hockney's work, but here's to pretending. 

I also added the dates of Johan's and my birthday respectively, which symbolizes Johan's undying love for me. 

No comments: