Monday, September 15, 2014

another one of them round up posts

1) I started taking ballet classes! Or rather, I took one ballet class, then missed out on the second one on account of me being out of the country, so I guess I should rephrase that as "I took one ballet class".

I'm not really sure what to think of it yet, but I had definitely anticipated that ballet for adult beginners (sporting pot bellies and white pantyhose, at that) would feel..kind of fun? Ironic? You know, that the room would be full of throaty laughter whenever we did our plies and first positions? Instead it all felt a little serious, to tell you the truth. But be that as it may. Now I have ballet shoes and will not stop before I look like the fox below and have the light and elegant posture I first set out to achieve.

2) I went to London and I'm tempted to add "for work" because that sounds fancier than "with work", which is closer to the truth. (I went with my colleagues, in case I left you confused there).

One of the things we did was go on a verrry long street art tour in Shoreditch. Long as in 3 and a half hours. That's long, and honestly, street art strikes me as a little outdated, so I rebelled and took photos of other things instead, including the fancy builder below, which I love, the pierced pretty boy in a barber shop, and a faded poster in the window of a closed-down shop.



3) On said trip, I got to see Johan's shop on Columbia road! Actually, I should rephrase this also, because it's technically not his shop, but rather his fiancé's. Captured By it's called and it sits at the very end (or beginning, depending on where you start) of Columbia road. They're open on weekends, and if you're into either fancy coffee, affordable design classics, Danish design icons, crisp white shirts and/or mouthwatering sunglasses, watches and pens, I say go there and have a chat with Johan and his woman, who are just the loveliest people ever.

I've snatched the photo below from their site, and while we're at it, I might as well add that the lovely interior is designed by Johan and his partner in professional crime, Maggie Bursa. They're an amazeballs team and you can learn more about them here.


over and out :)


No comments: