Thursday, September 18, 2014

Recently, I said to someone, but I can't remember whom: "Oh my god, did you ever see a clam walk? It's the craziest thing!" and then I thought, hey wait a minute, how do I even know this?






First hand is how I know this, I just remembered! Recorded this little sucker when we were in Cape Town, and it's been sitting on my hard drive ever since. I guess it doesn't walk as much as it drags itself forward with the help of its evolutionary precursors to hands. But still!

A part of me feels that I shouldn't post the videos below, because they kinda of steel the thunder from my clam. But then again, I don't bring up the subject of bivalve mollusks often on this blog, so I figure we might as well get it over and done with.



FYI, it looks like a tongue, but apparently it's a foot, which it uses to move around and get a sense of its environment and find a means of escape.


Happy Friday.


No comments: